Monday, December 21, 2009

Ketchup #3

I had big plans for our Halloween costumes this year.

Kent and I and the three boys were going to be super heroes.

I bought a pattern online that had capes, boots, belts, bodysuits; or in other words, the works.

Things were so crazy in my life that at the last minute, and I mean last minute (I was still sewing as the ward party was starting) I decided we were going the easy route.

I bought tights and basketball shorts and sewed simple capes.

Katie helped me use stitch witchery to iron on letters onto the capes.

Kent was super bishop, I was super mom, Dane was super RM, Nick was super sports star, and Caleb was super Sky View fan.
I had an interesting conversation with Caleb about the tights. He was looking over the back of the box and said, "Mom, according to this you could have bought me size small instead of medium." Not a conversation I thought I'd ever have with my son!
The next night was Halloween and Katie had planned a really fun party for our family. We played fun games, ate dinner using a weird menu so that we didn't know what we were ordering, and we all went trick or treating together. It certainly wasn't as warm as it was last year! The lovebirds were plenty warm though and danced up and down the sidewalks. Embarrassing! :)
Katie made Aaron's Popeye and her Olive Oyl costumes. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of Braiden who was asleep when we were taking pictures.

Chris had light up eyes, but one of his eyes burned out and so he was comically scary with Nanette:
Ethan (Handy Manny) and Logan (Baby Ninja) didn't really want their pictures taken: The toolbox with the glued on wiggly eyeballs was cute in theory, but useless and even annoying when it came to trick or treating! I think next year Kent and I should be super raggedy Ann and Andy and combine our costumes of the last two years and not worry about coming up with new costumes!

2 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Everyone had some good costumes. I believe next year we should all do scary costumes. As a suggestion, you would win if you dressed in your "stress test" outfit. Nanette told me to say, Just Kidding.

Chris Gamble said...

...and I am just kidding.