Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gradjeashun from edjamacashun


Yesterday we went to the high school graduation of a niece and nephew and Naomi is graduating next week so the whole process has been on my mind. I had to think way, way, back (24 years) to my high school graduation. Of course I had extra reason to be excited to be leaving the hallowed halls of Anaconda High School because I was getting married in three weeks. Besides that though, I remember being so happy to leave behind homework, tests and boring teachers. I was really looking forward to reading just what I wanted to read, and getting up when I wanted to get up, etc. I got my wish and a year later I was getting up during the night with my first baby (because I wanted to) and reading baby books (because I wanted to). It's all in the attitude!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

What a cute picture! You look the same, besides your hair. :) Can you believe it has been 24 years? I can't believe that it has been 5 years for me and 8 for Chris.

suzy said...

You're right, it is all in the attitude and I have a bad attitude. We just got Naomi's announcement today, what a cutie!! Is she excited?? Can you imagine her getting married in 3 weeks??!!