Here's a picture of the "Smith Seven" at the cemetery.
Another change is that we found out that we're going to be grandparents again! Katie and Aaron are expecting their first baby in April. When they're as cute as our young Beethoven Logan, who wouldn't be excited?
I registered Caleb for high school this week also. At one point, we had kids in five different schools and we are down to just the high school now.
Naomi went home with Katie and Aaron after the funeral so Ethan and I drove to Wyoming on Wednesday for a couple of days to pick her up. Driving for 5 hours with a two year old by yourself isn't the easiest thing to do, but he was pretty good, and I listened to a lot of Elmo's World while he watched it in the back seat. Of course on the way home yesterday when I had Naomi's help, he took a two hour nap.
For the most part I like change.
Losing loved ones is hard but it helps when they're ready to go and their spouse is waiting for them. Change promotes growth, right?
3 comments:
Melanie's Dad has wanted to pass on to be with his eternal companion since her passing in June 2006. We are certainly glad that his death wasn't long and drawn-out. He was unconscious for most of his last 36 hours. However, 24 hours before he passed on, he woke up when I went to check on him and I offered him a drink of water. We talked briefly about how he was doing, then he went back to sleep. At that time, I thought - maybe this isn't the end. But by that evening, we knew that the end was near. As he would always say - See you later, if you're lucky! We all look forward to that great day when we will see him (and Mom) again.
It was so great to see you and I only wish that i had made more of an effort to stay in touch with you and your over the years. I have missed out on a great family!! Talk to you soon!
A lot has happened. Change is definitely hard, but we have a lot to look forward to. I am excited for the boys to have another cousin. Logan is so cute when he plays the piano. Thanks for taking Ethan to Wyoming... is was nice to be able to get some stuff done.
Post a Comment