Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Life has been crazy the last couple of weeks. I've been on the go a lot. On July 25th Naomi went with me and two of my sisters to take my Dad to his 60th high school reunion in Anaconda, Montana. That's the little town where I was born and spent the first 18 years of my life. It was good to go back and visit and I especially enjoyed going to church and seeing all the people there who don't seem to ever change. We visited the cemetery where my grandparents, uncle and baby sister are buried, along with other relatives.
The day after we got home (July 28th), Kent had a business trip to Salt Lake so he dropped me off at Nanette and Chris' house so I could hang out with Nanette and the boys all day. We had a lot of fun shopping and playing. Here's a picture I took of Ethan and Logan in their mini-Chris shirts that I bought in Montana:
Kent and I brought the boys home so that he could tend them on Wednesday while all the girls went to "Good Things Utah". It was my sister Leslie's 50th birthday so she and her three daughters and Nanette and Naomi and I went to the show again. Katie wasn't able to come this time. We had fun at the show and then went shopping and out to lunch. I love the fish and chips and scones at the Dairy Queen in Centerville! Here's a picture of me with the skunk at the Abc 4 station.
Kent brought my Dad, Caleb and Ethan and Logan to Ogden so we could all go to Leslie's 50th birthday party. There were a ton of family there, some of Kent's nieces that I hadn't seen in a long time and it was a lot of fun.

My Dad really had a hard time recovering from the trip to Montana and then the birthday party so we decided to take advantage of a program hospice offers called "respite care" where he could go to a nursing home for up to 5 days while we went to Kent's "Holmes Family Reunion" over the weekend and a baby blessing. It was so hard to take him and leave him at the nursing home, but he was so sleepy and confused that he didn't care. It has been very stressful to me to think of going through the dying process again like we did with my Mom. It is hard to see your loved ones suffer. I will go and get him from the nursing home in a few hours so we can get back to our routine.

Back to more positive stuff: The rest of the weekend was more enjoyable. We drug the kids to a reunion of relatives that they didn't know. Kent and I enjoyed seeing his aunts, uncles and cousins that we hadn't seen in many years. We visited the cemetery in Liberty where his Mom is buried.
Saturday night we all stayed at Nanette and Chris' house. I had bought "Breaking Dawn", the last book in the Twilight Series and tried to read while everyone else was playing Guitar Hero and watching movies. Sadly, it wasn't the best night's sleep I've ever had. Mine and Kent's air mattress deflated during the night. Somehow we all managed to get ready for church and the baby blessing of Ben and Megan Passey's son Tafton. Then we had a delicious lunch at a park before heading back to the Gamble's to pack up and head home. Not surprisingly we took a long nap.

Whew! That's what's been happening with me the last two weeks. Fun but exhausting.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I just lost everything I wrote! Anyways, It was a really busy week and so nice to see you guys so much! Thanks for everything that you did and do for us. We really appreciate it. Chris really likes his "Guitar Hero". He says thanks! I like to to. And I also really like my scrapbook tote. It is so awesome!

Did you finish the book yet? I am so jealous that you have it and mine hasn't come yet.

Well, I am excited to see you tomorrow. Love ya.

Chris Gamble said...

Aye, Aye, Captain. These past 3 weeks I would agree to have been the busiest weeks in my life, at least that is what it feels like. Reunions, Elders stuff, and just my family things. Wow, busy, busy. Anyway, thanks for everything.

The Dance Source said...

WOW you have been on the go a lot. I think that's what the summer does to you. I guess you will just have to come to wyoming again for another vacation :)