Today I am on a clear liquid diet in preparation for my colonoscopy tomorrow. I am really longing for my bland diet back. This is what I'm craving right now:
Of course Reese's peanut butter cups and KFC fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy aren't on my bland diet either so I'll be craving them after the colonoscopy too. Here's a picture of me drinking the "liquid laxative". I'm not including the picture of me grimacing after drinking it.
Yesterday was Kent's birthday. Nanette, Chris & boys came for dinner and cake and ice cream. Here's the birthday boy and Logan:
Nanette made a delicious birthday cake but learned the hard way of what happens when you try to light 48 candles without a lighter. Most of the candles were melted before we could sing to him! It tasted great though!

I had a little pity party today because no one commented on my blog yesterday and it's been few and far between lately. So, if you've been lurking and not commenting, shame on you!
5 comments:
I hate not being able to eat what I want, I feel so bad for you. That picture of you drinking your gross drink looks just like Grandma. You have the same hands. Maybe all of us Smith girls have the same hands. I guess I am not a Smith girl, but you know what I mean.
Good lucky with colonscopy. I'm glad I'm not one of those doctors that does that all day. Do you mind sharing some of that drinking, I'm feeling a little irregular. Hope everything goes well.
I am sorry that you had to drink that, but glad that everything turned out okay. I am glad we were able to come for Dad's birthday. I can't believe you put a picture of the cake on there. How embarassing! :)
IM BACK! :) Sorry I havent commented. You can blam it on my husband. You should give him a little one-on-one conversation about getting the internet. I think he has given up on it. I feel so bad that you've had to go through all of those tests lately. Escpecially after you thought they had figured out what was wrong with you. GRRR I'm so mad I can't even imagine how you feel. Well to make up for not writing for so long Aaron and I will grace you with our presents this weekend. LOL ROF! jk. but I would love to help you deep clean. I've gotten pretty good at it lately. See you soon!
Having a colonoscopy isn't my idea of a fun date. I am not looking forward to when it is my turn. However, it is fun to be with Melanie when she wakes up. She has no memory of what she has already told me. Last time, she kept asking me what time it was. This time, she told me three times what the doctor told her before the procedure. The bottom-line good news (no pun intended), she is as clean as a whistle.
Post a Comment