Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Doo

Friday was Ethan's 2nd birthday. He is so cute when he says, "I'm doo." Katie and Aaron came from Wyoming so our whole family (except Dane) went to South Ogden to celebrate. My Dad was feeling pretty good so he came too. We were impressed with Ethan's present opening skills. What a difference a year makes. Kent built a car bed for Ethan and Naomi made a blanket for it. I sewed a pillowcase and Katie sewed a matching curtain.


It was hard to stop buying presents for him, especially once we got started on the car theme. The Cars pajamas we found were so cute.

Chris made delicious seasoned french bread sandwiches for dinner and then we went to a park that had some fun water features. Ethan was just starting to have fun with the water when it turned off for the night. He was able to play on the "whee" though. That's his name for slide.


Most of the adults played ultimate frisbee while Nanette, Naomi and I played with the kids. Logan's medicine kicked in (he has ear infections) and he enjoyed playing on the grass. How cute is he?


Nanette made a cute car birthday cake and Ethan is a pro at blowing out candles with very little spit. He is also good at singing happy birthday.

So, with Ethan's birthday over we are finished with our busy month of celebrating 3 birthdays, Father's day and our anniversary. What a great month. I'm so thankful for family.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I am working on my blog for his birthday right now. It will probably say some of the same things as yours. I am so glad that you guys were able to celebrate Ethan's birthday with us. He loved all of the attention everyone gave him and especially blowing out the "happy". i love all you guys!

Chris Gamble said...

Thanks for coming down. Ethan was beaming the whole day.

suzy said...

How fun!! I wish my kids were first grandkids on either side, but they are not even close. By the time Dane is having kids it will just be a hassle for everyone. But when Caleb has his, it will be fun for everyone again because theirs will be older. It was definitely fun to spoil Michael and Kelsey though!! I can't believe Kents woodworking skills!! (And all the girls sewing skills of course) Nanette is a lucky girl.

Kent said...

That was a fun day. Too bad there wasn't a photo of the winning ultimate frisbee team - Chris, Caleb, and Papa.

Ethan - we love you!!!