Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sewing, Daily Sewing

I'm getting down to crunch time with my seasonal sewing. No quilts this year, just 12 pair of pajama bottoms and a bunch of other gifts that can't be mentioned because of their secretive nature. My serger has not cooperated though and has visited the repair shop twice in the last week; once for a tune up and once for new blades. After paying for the second repair Kent handed me the serger and said, "Merry Christmas!"

Speaking of presents, why do people not believe you when you tell them what you want and you will be happy with just that for Christmas? Case in point: I told Kent that all I want for Christmas is a new window and blinds for the window over the kitchen sink. The window is cracked and old and the blinds are the old plastic kind. Am I fooling myself to think I would be happy with just that under the tree from Kent? I don't think so, but he does. Yesterday in passing he informed me that if I see a Paypal receipt in my email to ignore it because he bought me something. WHAT? He then informed me that it is the wrong time of the year to buy a window and put it in. WHAT? Needless to say I got a little upset. The window and blinds were truly all I wanted. A little mouse informed me that he is looking for windows again! I guess the other present will be a bonus, unless he returns it because of my tantrum. I guess I would deserve it.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh! I have that same problem. I have told Aaron about 50 times now that the only thing I want is a "day off". Just one day to myslef doing what I want while he has the kids. I would LOVE to see that under the tree. In fact if I don't I might be a little sad. And he can't take that for his answer. I would have thought that by now he would understand that I sincerely mean that. But you have been married way longer than we have and well um, it doesn't seem to change. I hope you get your new blinds and window!!

Nanette said...

I hope that you get the pajamas done in time and that your serger doesn't give you any more problems. I guess that you are never to old to throw a tantrum! He he. J/K. I know I would have done the same.

Chris Gamble said...

Nanette just gets the gifts she wants for herself in behalf of me. It's wonderful that way. LoL. Kent just get the woman a window and blinds, and 50" flat screen...and a cruise to Costa Rica...and...a day spa treatment package...and...well I will stop there.

suzy said...

Men. I guess they never change. They should understand that we really are that selfless and would be happy with a good looking window in our kitchen to look through as we wash the dishes. But a little bonus never hurts.

Loriannie said...

I hear you on this one. i know I used to say stuff like this and maybe not entirely mean it when i was younger, but seriously: all i want for christmas is to be able to rent a bigger apartment when i move to St. George. Seriously.