Kent asked what he could get me and I told him he could weed the rose bed and dig up the old bushes that had gone wild and get me some new rose bushes. So that's what he did.
While we're on to green things:The prophet said to plant a garden,
so that's what we'll do.
For God has given rich brown soil,
the rain and sunshine too.
And if we plant the seeds just right
and tend them carefully,
Before we know, good things will grow
to feed our family.
(Children's Songbook page 237)
This year we're trying grapes and green beans for the first time. I know it's hard to believe we've never grown green beans before but for some reason we haven't. Are you growing a garden and trying anything new this year?
7 comments:
Your flowers are beautiful and the weeding was such a thoughtful gift. I need to research flowers that like direct sun. I have some lemon petunias that are doing well but the daisies look sunburnt if that is possible.
Both of your gardens look great! Sorry wesson ruined part of your flower one. This year I would like to try and actually live at my house for long periods of time! So far we aren't doing well and it's almost the middle of the year! :)
From now on I am asking for weeding and planting for my birthday and mothers day and toilet cleaning for Christmas. You are a smartie. This year I am trying peas and lettuce and corn.
All the flowers look so nice! I don't always have such great success with flowers, but that's probably because I don't take good care of them. I hope you grapes and green beans turn out well; we're not growing anything this year, but we have planned out a spot for next year.
Your yard is looking so good! I hope that grapes turn out, because I know Ethan and Logan will love to eat them!
I love your ideas for gifts, what a genius!! I tried for the first time to grow tomatos and jalapenos from a seed, and I actually succeeded(did I spell that right??) We don't have a big enough yard or a flat enough yard for a garden, but I am going to do container gardening. So excited. I also have basil and oregano growing in pots.
Now, to make the gift keep growing, ask Naomi to keep weeding it all summer too!! We have always grown green beans, but this year decided to try pole beans. We'll see how they turn out. Hope the deer don't like them too much!
Post a Comment