Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tender Mercies

Tulips are a tender mercy from the Creator. What an uplifting blessing to be given at the end of a long winter. The wonderful thing is that I planted these tulip bulbs a few years ago and haven't had to do anything since to be amazed every spring.

The other day Logan was walking beside me holding my hand and I was overwhelmed with the amazing thought that our arms were made to the perfect length to comfortably hold hands.
Sometimes it is really hard to be a missionary mom. Dane says time is speeding by for him, but some days it seems like he's been gone forever and still has forever to go! Recently though we've received some tender mercies. Quite a few members of the Church have visited Costa Rica and have sent us pictures or called to tell us how great Elder Jensen is doing. The above picture was taken by a couple from Utah who were driving down the street in Quepos, Costa Rica and happened to recognize the missionaries. They took this picture from their car and sent it to us. (I'm glad Dane has my email address memorized so he can tell people!) Another family took a video of Dane at church and posted it on their blog and sent us the link. It helps to ease the "Dane sickness". (Only 5 1/2 months to go!) Hopefully in the future I can be a tender mercy for someone.

4 comments:

suzy said...

Cute. Your tulips are pretty. I like not having to do anything, but I wish mine were a different color.

Aubrey said...

Are you serious? Just under 6 months to go? It seems like just last month we were at his farewell. But I do have to say that since I have boys it is always in the back of my head that one day I will have to let them go on a mission and I know that it is not going to be easy. I just keep praying that the 2nd coming will happen before that.

Nanette said...

You are a "tender mercy" to me! You always, always do so much for me and my boys. Thank you so much and I love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey mom I agree with you! It seems like Dane has been gone forevor! I just want him to come home! Time flies by fast sometimes, but It definitely feels like he's been gone to long!