Monday, February 9, 2009

Non-shopaholic

This post is dedicated to the man in my life who is not a shopper, but who has a lot of patience. We mosied home from Boise/Nampa today but we were barely on the road before we requested to stop at the outlet stores. Katie and I loved the Carter's store. Man you could spend a fortune in there, and yet the prices were good. It was hard to choose. The nice thing was that there were just as many boy's clothes as girl's. We weren't quite as impressed with the Osh Kosh store. Then we went to Shopko (I know, we have one at home) because Katie is looking for a crib set and they've discontinued the one she wants. We were hoping to find a random one. No such luck, but they had some great clearance racks. Kent played solitaire on his Blackberry and followed us around. When we moved to a new section we'd get his attention. When we finally got to the check out line he collapsed on a bench and Katie took this picture:

Our shopping in Boise only added 2 hours to the trip which I thought was pretty good. After a drive through lunch in Mountain Home our next stop was the Magic Valley Mall in Twin Falls. It wasn't too magical though. We came out of Shopko empty handed (Kent appreciated that) and Sears didn't have any Noah's Ark crib sets either. Katie did buy the cutest high top Converse like baby shoes. All in all, Braiden made the biggest haul on this trip and he's not even born yet. When I mentioned to Kent that I didn't buy a single thing for myself he said, "No, Ethan and Logan get the most these days." He's right. Soon I can buy matching outfits for three! We're back in cold, snowy, Smithfield. I handed out new t-shirts to Nick and Caleb (who handled bachelorhood very well with Naomi's help) and showed Caleb the sweater I bought him for church. He says he might wear it. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Sure glad I wasn't on that trip. Shopping is so boring unless it's Best Buy or something. I'm thinking Kent could really go for some Jazz tickets for his patience. What do you think?

I noticed there was no mention of Cabela's in your shopping agenda. I bet they would have had camouflage crib sets, it's pretty close to Noah's Ark. Just the opposite results.

The Dance Source said...

Ha ha! That was a really fun trip! Dad was such a good sport I was very impressed. I loved calling him to the next sections of the store, especially when he didn't realize just how close to the womens underwear section he was standing! LOL! Good ol' dad!!!

Nanette said...

You know that your husband loves you if he patiently puts up with all of that shopping. Thank goodness for solitaire. Oh...and thanks for everything that you buy for Ethan and Logan! They are sure loved!

Dad, do you want to go shopping with me? :)

Kent said...

To be honest with you, I don't mind shopping. But to spend two hours looking at baby's clothing isn't my idea of shopping. Tools and electronics seem much more exciting - but even there I don't spend too much money. Now if I were made of money, I would enjoy shopping more.