Friday, February 20, 2009

Pet Peeves

  1. People who drive under the speed limit. I'm not asking them to speed; just go the speed limit or get out of my way!
  2. Cupboard doors and drawers left open. It looks so messy and only takes a second to close. (Unless it's our "pencil" drawer that for some reason when you pull it open the stapler, rulers, tape and other things jump up so you have to force it closed.)
  3. Cars who pull out in front of you even though there is no one behind you for half a mile.
  4. People who are still misinformed about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and think we are polygamists.
  5. People who text while they're driving. Family members, you know who you are!
  6. Mother-in-law jokes. I always wondered why my Mom hated them until I became a mother-in-law myself.
  7. Parents screaming at their kids in public. It makes me wonder what happens in their homes.
  8. Bloggers who never comment on other's blogs.
  9. People who have so many pet peeves that they write a blog about it. What are your pet peeves?

9 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

What mother-in-law jokes?

Chris Gamble said...

I googled some jokes but since I'm trying to be like Jesus, I won't tell you them.

Kent said...

Worse than people who won't go the speed limit, two cars going side-by-side in both lanes at the same slow speed.

How about trucks that pass other trucks going uphill on a freeway blocking both lanes.

Loriannie said...

My main pet peeve is people who refuse to use cruise control on long stretches and feel like they have to play leap frog.
also,
I hate it when I pick up words I really don't want to say and then can't quit saying them,(freakin' sucks, etc.)
I agree with all of your pet peeves.

Nanette said...

My biggest pet peeves probably involve bad drivers and people who are ignorant about the church. I also agree about people who read blogs, but don't comment. I try not to do that, but I know that I am guilty sometimes.

Law Family said...

Ha, Ha. I laughed at your pet peeves, they are so much like mine. I won't repeat, but I agreed. I have a fun blog that I watch, if you go to mine you can find it. It is the 320 Sycamore blog. Check it out, she is very creative and has fun, cheap ideas all the time for decorating, shopping, etc.

Law Family said...

Ha, Ha. I laughed at your pet peeves, they are so much like mine. I won't repeat, but I agreed. I have a fun blog that I watch, if you go to mine you can find it. It is the 320 Sycamore blog. Check it out, she is very creative and has fun, cheap ideas all the time for decorating, shopping, etc.

suzy said...

I sometimes text while I drive, forget to comment on others blogs, scream at my kids in public (but not any worse than at home.), and leave cupboards open. Not drawers, just cupboards. But I still hate it when other people do those things. And I don't really scream at my kids in public, just talk in an annoyed voice and yell occasionally.

The Van Tassell's said...

I also agree with all of your pet peeves-I'm guilty of the opposite of number 8. I usually comment on others blogs but I don't write my own very often :) lol. I've actually been thinking a lot about parents screaming at their children in public. I see it all of the time at work, and It makes me wonder what I'm going to do when I'm a mother. Can you raise your kids so they don't whine for things in the store or is it just something that kids do? And how else would you go about it but to yell at them? Maybe it's the only way they'll stop short of giving into them... Anyone got any answers?