Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cricuting

I had fun with my Cricut machine yesterday. I've been wanting to cut out one of my favorite sayings for my living room. I used brown vinyl that is made for the Cricut. (By the way, the saying originally said "Go to Zion" but I changed it to toward so it looked better on the wall. Should it be towards? I can't figure it out.) I found out that I am not much of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this. I hung the letters up without measuring or even having another pair of eyes to help. So, they're not perfect, but I decided that was okay. I also cut out the letters for another saying for my red wall in the kitchen. That will be much trickier to hang up over the stairs. Hopefully a picture will be coming soon to a blog near you.

5 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

Melanie,
I think it looks so great. I've seen cricut machines in stores and have thought it would be fun to have one. I had no idea you could do such cool things with it! I look forward to seeing your red wall soon.

The Dance Source said...

I didn't even know that you were planning on doing a saying in the living room. It looks really good! Good job Mom!

Aubrey said...

Looks great! I love the cricut but I think I have only used mine a handful of times. Mainly because every time I use it Braden wants to "use" it for the rest of the day. Thanks to his Grandma Smith he knows how to use it better than me!

Nanette said...

Very cute! Isn't it so much fun being creative and making stuff for your house? I wish I had more time to do it. Well, I probably do I just don't manage my time very well :)

Kent said...

The last few mornings that I have seen this saying in our front room, I have had to go to work. I doubt that this is Zion. This saying should put the true meaning of our lives in perspective. There needs to be fine print at the bottom of the wall that says, "Don't forget the family".