Luckily I had the dowel to threaten them with, but I was a little afraid they would "bomb" my head from above. Katie was no help of course because she was laughing and hurrying home. I'm sure birds sense my fear of them and think I'm an easy target. We escaped unharmed (except for my pride) and unsullied.
So Katie went grocery shopping and then Aaron took her for a ride around the block in his old truck. When she got back she told me that it is so high that Aaron had to lift her up into it. The next night when Aaron asked me if I wanted to go for a ride in the old truck I thought it would be fun. We got around to the passenger side door though and I realized that I would have a hard time getting in because there are no running boards. Poor Aaron. There he was standing behind me wondering how he would get his mother-in-law's behind into the truck. Luckily for both of us I was able to find some little finger holds and mustered enough strength to practically jump in. We had a noisy but enjoyable ride where he tried to convince me that since I'd finally ridden his four wheeler and enjoyed it that I would really enjoy riding a wave runner. That remains to be seen. Later, Katie and I were practically rolling on the floor as I recounted the momentary confusion that Aaron suffered in helping me get in the truck. Poor Aaron. He would do a lot of things for me, but thank goodness he didn't have to do that!
Another adventure we had all week was no hot water. Aaron had tried replacing the water heater elements but to no avail. Two nights in a row Katie heated up pans of water on the stove and bowls of water in the microwave to get enough hot water in the tub for Aaron to take somewhat of a bath to wash up from work. The third night there was no bath waiting for him. Instead, Katie, Braiden and I were sitting on the front porch waiting for him because we were locked out of the house! Luckily we only had to wait half an hour. Kent showed up Wednesday night and Thursday figured out the water heater had an electrical problem and was able to fix it. We were so excited to take hot showers and I'm sure everyone else was glad we had too. Thus ended our adventures.
5 comments:
Aren't you glad that you are done roughing it in Wyoming and you are back to modern comforts? LOL. Those are some funny stories! Its just like every time I feel a tickle on my body I think that there is a spider crawling on me!
By the way, it is not cool that you have posted twice in two days! I was almost caught up to you and now I will have to try even harder! :)
Melanie has a long history of birds "attacking" her. Just after we got married and we went on a trip to SeaWorld in San Diego. I think that it was near the end of the day and we had just finished watching a show when seagulls started flying over head and "bombed" her on the head. All we had to clean her hair out was a plastic drink cup.
AND - it would have been an even funnier tale if Aaron had to do more that watch her get into the truck!!!
Okay, at first I thought the picture with the birds was of you! I'm glad your seagull attack wasn't as bad as the one depicted. It sounds like you had a good time in Wyoming, I'm sure that Katie and Aaron appreciated your help and company.
I needed some good laughs, The lifting into the truck laugh still has me going!
Man LOL good times, good times!!! That reminds me I need to tease Aaron about the truck incident! That is so hilarious. When guys were leaving I almost came to the window to watch you get in, and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't! I'd pay money to see a remake of that moment :)
Post a Comment