Saturday, October 17, 2009

Permission and a Blessing

Last evening I was lying in bed watching a movie when my cell phone rang.

It was Kent who was in Layton (?) visiting his brother Dennis who is in the hospital.

"Caleb just called and told me that Raulon is there to visit me and I think it might be an important visit. Can you go down and cover for me?"

I agreed and went down to the living room to find Naomi's boyfriend standing there.

I asked him if he wanted to sit down.

He did.

I explained where Kent was and he said that the mom usually gets the raw end of the deal in these matters so maybe he'd just go ahead.

He proceeded to ask permission to marry Naomi.
I gave him my blessing.

Naomi Van Tassell has a nice ring to it. :]

5 comments:

suzy said...

How fun! Did he ask her yet? I agree, that is such a cute name. Way more original than Jensen, or Carlson. Way to go Naomi!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Awww! How long have they been dating? Tell her congrats!

Nanette said...

I am so excited! I can't wait. They are such a cute couple. I can't wait to start working on wedding plans!

Melanie said...

He hasn't asked her yet. They've been dating about 6 weeks! He said that two of his brothers got engaged even quicker than that. I said, "Wow, the Van Tassell men move quickly!" He said, "We know what we want!"

The Van Tassell's said...

Aw, you guys are all so sweet! He actually proposed last night!! I will definitely have to write a blog about it. Thanks everyone for you support!!!:)