Thursday, October 22, 2009

To Do List

Only 5 days left until Dane is home and I've created a list of things to do before we pick him up at the airport:

  • Lose the 20 pounds I've gained in the last 2 years. (I didn't say this was a realistic list !) :0)
  • Try and match the hair color I was when Dane last saw me so he'll recognize me.
  • Refresh my first aid skills so I can treat Dane for shock when he sees Caleb for the first time. (Caleb has grown at least 8 inches and his voice now sounds like Kent's instead of mine.)
  • Collect Dane's belongings from his brothers and sisters and return them to his room. (Mostly dvds, tv, speakers, etc.)
  • Finish writing the song I'm going to sing as he comes down the escalator at the airport. (So far no one will agree to sing with me!)

To the tune of "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission"
"I'm glad that you went on a mission,
though it felt like three years instead of two.
You proved that you're a worthy servant,
And oh how the people of Costa Rica love you.

You said that you are now a "Tico",
I was afraid that you would want to stay.
I was ready to come and drag you home,
I'm so happy that you're home and with no delay!

Can you think of any more verses?


7 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

I suppose that you'll soon want to marry.
The girl will probably be very hairy.


Okay, it's only two lines. Sorry.

Kent said...

People keep asking me what we should eat for Dane's first meal back home. I tell them that he will probably want rice and beans.

There is a lot that we are counting on with Dane's return home. We all need the boost that Dane's homecoming will bring. For the first time in two years, Melanie and I will be with all six of our kids!!!

I can't think of any lines for the song. I guess that I have too many other things on my mind.

Nanette said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this post. I have been so busy with school that I have forgotten to check it.

Only 2 days until he comes home now! It will be so awesome to have him back and have all of our family together again! This week is going to be so fun!

The Dance Source said...

You really made up a song?! I was hoping last night that it was some kind of joke LOL. (Since it was three in the morning!) :) I still stand strong, you start to sing that "cool" song I'll be on the other side of the air port :) I have to give you points for being creative though :)

The Van Tassell's said...

Ha ha, what an entertaining list Mom :) I hope it was meant to be that way because I was sure laughing a lot!

And as for the song, at least you'll have one supporter.... Raulon said he'd sing it with you ;) ha ha! Sorry, I'm afraid any verses I added might actually get used, therefore making the song even longer... I think I'll pass. ;) Love you! And Yay! It's today we get to go get our little Daney!!! Can't wait!!!

I agree with Dad. This is something our whole family really needs right now. It couldn't have come at a better time!

suzy said...

Well I suppose you are busy, but come on...let's see some pics and hear how the big day went.

Also, I know it wasn't the point of the post, but it was interesting to me to know that Granny had a wringer. Can you imagine? And I bet she got more done in a day doing everything the hard way than I get done in a month.

I think one of the hardest things in life for me is being misunderstood without a chance to explain myself. Or even worse, being given a chance and screwing it up because I am not good with confrontation or explaining myself...haha.

suzy said...

Also, I laughed when I read that Caleb sounds like Kent now and not you. Haha.

P.S. Did Naomi find a photographer because I took too long to respond?