Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation in Wyoming?

It does sound funny that we would use up some of Kent's vacation days to go to the middle of Wyoming to essentially do nothing, but this vacation was about who we were with and about wanting to do not much. We left Grandpa, Naomi, Nick & Caleb at home to take care of each other. Naomi ended up being the parent and felt like it one night when Nick in a fit of temperment called her "Dad". She was happy when our vacation ended and hers could continue. (That's what I consider an 18 year old's life to be the summer between high school and college with only a part time job and a boyfriend to worry about).

A good part of our time was spent playing canasta. We even made up our own rules so we could go to 20,000 points instead of 10,000. Our last night there we stayed up until 2 AM and I had taken a pain pill so was pretty tired and silly and Kent, Katie and Aaron are still laughing about some of the things I said and did. I can't be held responsible when I'm on Percocet and it's 1 in the morning.
You can tell from the amount of cards in my hand the kind of night I had
We woke Aaron up for this picture. Most of the time he was yawning. Poor Guy!
This is what he looked like the last hour of the game.
Their dog Wesson has gas problems and this is the only way to wait it out!
We did do some productive things too. Katie and I made some strawberry freezer jam and Kent did some chores that Aaron and Katie never get to because they come to Utah almost every weekend for a family function. Also, Aaron wasn't a slacker because he had to work every day after staying up with us. What a trooper!
We had to take this picture because only in Wyoming have I seen
someone drive an ATV to the grocery store!

4 comments:

Kent said...

It wasn't all fun and games. I do recall mowing their lawn, spraying their lawn and driveway for weeds, figuring out why their air conditioner wasn't blowing (it was frozen solid), and dusting the cobweb off the dining room light. I also rode the exercise bike for 12-13 miles each day.

Nanette said...

i am glad you guys had fun! i love when you said that you were so out of it that you started to slide out of your chair!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Sounds like a alot of fun and definetely a vacation from your house, anyway. I would love to have the recipe for the strawberry jam.

suzy said...

People ride their 4 wheelers everywhere in Richfield. Katie and Aaron would feel right at home. Do you use Grandma's recipe for freezer jam? I don't want the recipe, I want you to make me some!!