The mouse is supposed to run along the wall, into the trap, the person pulls the trap up and the mouse can't get out. Well, everything was looking promising until Kent saw the mouse run under the treadmill and under the bed. Eek! He then proceeded to get all of our junk from under the bed and put it on top of the bed around me. (The doctor had sentenced me and my unremarkable hip/femur to bed for the weekend.) When I was cocooned and Kent had a clear view under the bed, he was able to see that there was no mouse. He assumed it was in the corner under my nightstand and pile of books/junk. He decided to run to the store and buy mousetraps and cheese. He asked me if I would be able to pull up his trap if the mouse ran into it while he was gone. "Um, sure." I hadn't seen the mouse yet and was praying I wouldn't. They're right up there with birds for me. I would rather have a snake in my room. (Non-poisonous of course.) All was quiet while he was gone.
To summarize this story, he set a bunch of traps around our room and then had to leave for 4 hours to referee basketball games. I spent the day on my crowded bed in and out of drug induced sleep thinking I was hearing mouse noises. Then everyone went to the Twilight movie while I watched sports (sorry BYU, yay Jazz!) and still the mouse problem was unresolved. Kent was of the opinion it wasn't in our room anymore. I didn't want to contemplate how it got upstairs in our room in the first place, let alone how it got out. So Kent bought more mouse traps to put on the middle floor of the house. Then at 11:00 last night while Kent was setting those traps, SNAP! Over by the treadmill a mouse was caught. What a relief. This morning he found another mouse in a trap by my sewing room so we have traps set on all three floors still. It's amazing that such little rodents can make me feel so violated. Thanks to my man though I never saw the one that visited our bedroom.
7 comments:
You guys always seem to get mice at your house. I haven't seen one at ours yet and I hope that I never will. I am glad that you have Dad to do all of that fun stuff.
Hi! How do you follow blogs, so they show up on your page when they've updated?
Mice are gross, but snakes?? You would really rather have a snake than a mice or a bird?? I think you are crazy. Snakes are all slithery and disgusting. We caught a mouse in a trap in our lazy susan when I was 9 months pregnant with Gwen and I had to dispose of it. I left the blood for my dad to clean up when he came to visit. But I think my mom ended up cleaning it up. She must not have the same aversion to mice as you. Or she just loves me a lot. You would really rather see a snake huh?
Megan, Do you mean the blog roll on the side of my page? It's one of the options of customizing the links. I'd have to look into it more to see how I did it. Let me know if you need help! :)
Yuck, those things are no fun. I am suprised you caught in on a trap. I didn't think those things really worked. Don't you just hate knowing that they are lurking around your house? Birds? I think you will be the first person I know of to be afraid of birds. Kind of funny! Do you really ever have a bird fly in your house? Don't you love when they chirp so loud in the mornings?
Oh yuck! I don't know how you just laid there while it was possibly under your bed! You should have gone down into my room! Remember when my room was in the basement and I saw a mouse run in front of the door and under my bed?! Haha, I screamed so loud and stood up on a chair and made Katie come and rescue me. I'm just glad that we are able to solve our mouse problems fast!
Over the years, I have caught 3 or 4 mice using the raingutter trap in Melanie's photo. But this works only if the mouse has nowhere to go. However, if I want to catch an elusive mouse, the old-fashioned spring trap works everytime. I bet over the years I have caught more than 50 mice - mostly using this trap. I really, really don't like mice due to my life-long "curse" of having them in my life. But since I am the "man", it's up to me to get them.
Post a Comment