The heartbeat was fast but we didn't know if that meant girl or boy. The next stop was the ultrasound. Here are pictures of the proud mommy and daddy right before they discovered if it would be Braiden or Emma:


Almost immediately the baby was proud to let us know that his name is Braiden Ray Willden! It's a boy! That will make 3 grandsons for us. We're very excited!
A couple hours later Nanette and I had appointments with the immunologist who has been treating her. After telling him my long list of health problems, he ordered blood tests as a place to begin discovering if I have the antibody deficiency disorder that Nanette has. Ten tubes of blood later, yes TEN, I felt like I had donated to a blood bank. Hopefully somewhere in all of those tests (the phlebotomist hadn't heard of some of them) there is an answer to why I get sick a lot. It was a long day.
2 comments:
In the family, we all were guessing whether Katie was having a boy or a girl. I had guessed girl - mostly because we have two grandsons and I would really like to have a little granddaughter. I guess that will have to wait. BUT - we are excited for our little Braiden to com into the family!!!
I can't believe that you were able to walk away without fainting after all of that blood that they drew. I really, really hope that this doctor will be able to help you out. I can't wait to see you guys a lot over the next few weeks!
Post a Comment