Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Memory Of...

Ken "streaky" More pumped his last gallon of hot water last Sunday and now rests in peace knowing that he served his family for 14 long years. He leaves behind a family that just now appreciates how much of a luxury he was especially since with the economy he will not be replaced for awhile. So long Kenny (sniff) our dish pan hands will miss you!

6 comments:

The Dance Source said...

Your so silly! That is so sad that you dish washer died! We thought that ours had last week but I was grateful to find that it really hadn't cause I'm not much for washing things by hand!!! Good luck with that. I hope a new one finds it's way into your hearts and home sooner that you plan.

Nanette said...

What a touching eulogy. It brought me to tears! :) It is so true that you don't really appreciate something until it is no longer there. Just hope that they have a really, really good sale on dishwashers soon. Aren't you glad that Katie came to do all of the dishes for you? LOL.

Chris Gamble said...

Yes, agreed. Katie has come at the right time as sort of a means of "rent". LOL. Your china will be replace by Chinette.

Loriannie said...

Paper or plastic? :)

Aubrey said...

What? Tell me this is not true. How in the world will you do it? I would be selling off something to get a new one. Oh how I feel for you. Well, I guess that you still have kids (or is it just kid) that can help out with that now. I actually remember growing up without one and we had some good laughs when it was dish washing time. Maybe you could talk to your oldest brother who doesn't really use his and make a trade or something. My thoughts are with you . . . .!!!

Kent said...

Just so everyone knows, I haven't given up on "Kenny" yet. There still might be life in him yet. There are alternatives to a dishwasher (such as teen-age boys). Last year, when our fridge died, this was something that had to be replaced immediately.