
I found a recipe of Kent's Mom's that I've never made before and it was our new recipe for the week. It was a big success. Caleb even manned up and ate the broccoli that was left on his plate. I've never cooked a dish with curry powder before (plain Jane remember) and we liked this flavor. I did use medium cheddar cheese instead of American because that's what I had on hand that needed used.
Easy Chicken Divan ...Beverly Jensen
2 (10 oz. pkg.) frozen broccoli or 2 fresh bunches
1 lb. cooked chicken (about 2 cups)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 cup shredded sharp American cheese
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1 T melted butter
Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Arrange in greased 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 baking dish. Place chicken on top. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese; top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through.
3 comments:
It was so good!!! I'll gladly be a taste tester for any of these recipes that your trying out! So far so good!!! To bad Aaron wasn't able to try it too. I'll have to make it at home for him I guess. It will be nice to mix stuff up and add a new recipe in there from time to time. Sometimes the same old things can get...well just that old! Good job Mom!
Curry is an awesome seasoning. It's good with every meat and dish that has some zest to it.
I think its funny that it took a stab at Caleb's manhood, to get him to clean his plate. Looks like an awesome recipe!
Post a Comment