Thursday, January 15, 2009

My 'Tude

I will be the first to admit that I have needed an attitude adjustment all week. Ever since the pack committee chairman called me on Sunday to "invite" me to pack planning meeting tonight my attitude has been out of alignment. But I made myself look through my plastic box with a handle and lid that you have to force shut because it won't quite close so I could kind of act like I knew what I was doing. Then I dragged myself to what turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour meeting. My attitude kept getting better as the night went on, even though it was so long. The people are great. Some of them I know well, others I'm looking forward to knowing better. I appreciate the fact that I'm the secretary and not a den leader. (Been there, done that!) I found out I don't have to go to Round Table. (One less meeting!) Most of my duties are secretarial things I really like to do and I'll have very little interaction with cubs. My attitude is realigned. For now.

4 comments:

suzy said...

I love that you're a blogaholic. You post enough to keep me satisfied. I also think in blog and go to sleep thinking of ideas and dream about it. I'm glad you had an attitude realignment. I need one too. Joey wishes I would get one.

The Van Tassell's said...

I love that part of your new attitude was strengthened by that fact that you will "have very little interaction with cubs." Ha ha, that's great! :) I'm happy for you! :D Although, I must say that your meeting was TOO long. I don't know how you did it!!!

Nanette said...

I am so glad that you love your cub scout calling now! :) I knew you would, because that is the calling I have always wanted...now that I said that my wish will probably come true someday. I am glad that things won't be as bad as you were thinking, except for the 2 1/2 long meeting!

Kent said...

I had meetings at the church as well Thursday evening. My meeting lasted 1 1/2 hours. I was about ready to go rescue Melanie when she answered by text to say that her meeting was done. I have never seen her so glad to get home.