Friday, January 16, 2009
She's Back!
I don't know how many of you know who Stephanie Nielsen is, but she and her family have become my heroes. Her brother-in-law was actually Aaron's teacher at UVU and that's how I first heard of them. Stephanie and her husband Christian were burned badly when their small airplane crashed, killing the flight instructor. Stephanie and Christian were burned badly, with Stephanie about 85% of her body. They are LDS and Stephanie was quite well known for blogging about her love of being a "Mormon mother". Her sister Courtney continued blogging while caring for Stephanie's children while she healed. She still has a ways to go but today was Stephanie's first post in six months. I have spent hours and hours reading back a few years of old posts of these sisters and I have been so uplifted and strengthened and feel like I'm part of their family. I'm not exaggerating when I say that their story has touched thousands and thousands of people, spiritually and emotionally. Their links (nienie dialogues and cjane enjoy it) are on my side bar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like some good reading that I could use about now. I will check them out - Thanks!
Yay! I'm glad that she is back. Her life is really a miracle. I'm glad that her kids get to have their mom back!
Post a Comment