Mr. Edison, you light up my life!
It only takes one camping trip to make me appreciate electric lights. I finally got a flashlight that hangs up in the tent so I don't have to try and hold it in my mouth while I'm dressing or undressing. Think of the days when they did things by candle light and then oil lamps. They didn't put out much light. I remember my Mom telling me that her Dad taught her her ABCs by lamp light and the coal oil was smelly and very smoky. No wonder people went to bed so early. It would probably do me good if the power would go out every night at 10:00 and I had no choice but to go to sleep.
P.S. Thanks for the words of cheer everyone and the blonde jokes Katie!

2 comments:
Well I am sorry that I missed your post yesterday. I hope you are feeling better. Melancholy is a good friend of mine.
For a second I was thinking that you went camping recently and I thought you were crazy, but then I just realized it was the light bulbs bday. I wish the power had gone out at 10 tonight too. My kids are still awake tearing things apart in their rooms while I work on pictures.
Good ol' Edison...what would we have done without you? :) I'm guessing that your like me and even if the lights went out at 10:00 you would read by candle light if you had too. I can't go to bed with having my reading fix for the day.
Post a Comment